Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Skeptripe #8: "Null Hypothesis"

Welcome back to "Skeptripe," where I expose words and phrases used by so-called "Skeptics" and Athiests that are overused, misused, or just plain stupid.

Athiests and Big Scienceists often pull out the "Null Hypothesis," usually with reference to "Occam's Razor." What it means is that they start off any study assuming that whatever their opponent talks about doesn't exist. They claim that it's a fundamental idea in reason, but I think it really just exposes the Godless Athiestic (lack of) values at the heart of Big Science.

What it boils down to is that, if you tell an Athiest Big Scienceist something, their first instinct is to not believe you. I know, I know, Athiests not believing something--shocking, right? I don't know about you, but I trust people. If you tell me something, I tend to believe you, unless I find out that you're bearing false witness.

But Athiests don't have that kind of Faith, in God or their fellow people. They know that, since they don't believe in God, they're all liars, so they assume everyone else lies all the time too. Their first reaction to any person is to assume that that person is just as sad, pathetic, and depraved as they are. I guess if they realized that the rest of us were good people, destined for Heaven and the glory of God, they'd probably be even more depressed.

The "Null Hypothesis" isn't Science, it isn't reason, it's just more Athiest depression and depravity.

No comments: